Full Time | Central Location | Fort Lauderdale | Florida | United States | 33062
Go Put the World on Vacation
At Wyndham Destinations our goal is simple: to put the world on vacation. Our award-winning team of nearly 25,000 associates is diverse and dedicated, caring and creative. Together we’re shaping the future of the timeshare industry by doing things never done before. That’s part of what makes our work fun and interesting. Every day is a chance to learn something new and influence the global business.
The Bartender will be responsible for providing excellent guest service as it pertains to the food and beverage outlets of resort. He/She will promptly address guest service needs, complete beverage orders and request, clean and stock all areas based on inventory control. He/she will maintain the company’s expected high quality standards and will follow all safety protocols as dictated by company policy.
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Responsible for the mixing and serving alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages: Promptly greet guests in a friendly and professional manner. Ensure orders are taken accurately and completely. Offer ideas and suggestions to guests when ordering. Serve wine, draught and bottle beer. Mixes ingredients to prepare cocktails and other drinks. Collects payment for drinks served. Prepares bar area and supplies to ensure a
successful shift. Orders or requisitions liquor and supplies. May assist in preparation of food orders. (50% time)
2. Maintain positive guest, owner and associate relationships: Respond appropriately to guest inquiries and concerns to ensure total guest satisfaction. Resolve guest issues to resolution in effort to improve the guest experience and escalate any outstanding guest inquiries or concerns to management that may require additional monitoring or follow-up. Make appropriate service recovery recommendations. Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments. (25% time)
3. Ensure compliance with: Internal Audit, Quality Assurance, Loss Prevention, Resort Operating Procedures, Guest Service Department Operating Procedures, and Standard Operating Procedures, follows all beverage handling guidelines (10% time)
4. Cultivate a “Count On Me” Culture: Continuously exhibit the company’s Count on Me
philosophy; be responsive to the needs of our guests, associates and all we come into contact with on the job, be respectful in every way; deliver a great experience. (10% time)
5. Performs other duties as needed (5% time)
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
• High School diploma or equivalent
b) Training requirements
• Bartending school and or training
• Local / State required alcohol serving license required
c) Knowledge and skills
• Organizational Skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Acquires job skills and learns company policies and procedures to complete routine tasks.
• Ability to read and comprehend routine instructions, short correspondence and memos.
• Ability to give high priority to customer service.
• Ability to solve problems with a minimum of supervision.
Ability to read, write and understand English.
• Basic office skills helpful including basic math, proper cash handling procedures.
• Must maintain a professional appearance and a Can-Do, positive attitude towards all guests and staff.
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment.
• Must be people oriented and able to work independently or with others as needed.
• Must be detail oriented.
d) Technical Skills
• PC Skills and Knowledge preferred
• Ability to use basic cashier equipment
• Basic knowledge of inventory and rotation of food and beverage
e) Job experience
• 6 months to 1 year of bartending experience preferred
Unless there is a legal requirement, experience will be accepted for the education requirement.
A World of Inclusion
Hospitality is at the heart of all we do at Wyndham Destinations, including how we treat each member of our growing community. Here, you’ll find a team that’s inclusive, values diversity, and is built on a foundational respect for people from all over the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to their membership in any protected class. If you require any reasonable accommodation to complete your application or any part of the recruiting process, please email your request to email@example.com, including the title and the location of the position for which you are applying.
Thank you for your interest please submit your application on the next page.