Full Time | Central Location | Las Vegas | Nevada | United States | 89169
Go Put the World on Vacation
At Wyndham Destinations our goal is simple: to put the world on vacation. Our award-winning team of nearly 25,000 associates is diverse and dedicated, caring and creative. Together we’re shaping the future of the timeshare industry by doing things never done before. That’s part of what makes our work fun and interesting. Every day is a chance to learn something new and influence the global business.
Assistant Housekeeping Manager - Tropicana WorldMark 89103 East Tropicana
Assist the Housekeeping Manager in all operations of the Housekeeping Department while supporting budgetary controls; promoting the highest level of Guest and Owner satisfaction through housekeeping excellence, special projects and duties assigned.
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Maintain Positive Customer and Associate Relationships: Assist the Housekeeping Manager with hiring, training, motivating, recognizing; coach and develop Housekeeping associates through implementation of incentives and training plans; support Housekeeping manager in an effort to ensure proper staffing and scheduling for maximum productivity; assist in controlling payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability; communicate priorities to staff through daily and weekly meetings (35% time)
2. Supports Audit
Standards: Holds hourly staff accountable to the Quality Assurance (QA) process; Ensures departmental compliance with Quality Assurance, Loss Prevention and safety standards procedures (30% time)
3. Administrative Duties: Responsible for inventory, purchasing, completing weekly and monthly cleans report and assisting with tracking financials (15% time)
4. Maintain Cleanliness Standards: Participate in daily operations including cleaning and inspecting of units to maintain standards (10% time)
5. Reporting Problems: Identifies and reports maintenance related problems. (5% time)
6. Performs other duties as needed. (5% time)
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
• Associate Degree preferred; High School diploma or equivalent training/experience required
b) Training requirements
• Valid driver’s license
• CPR certification preferred
Knowledge and skills
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure
• Ability to coach, mentor, train and develop staff
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
• Ability to maintain confidential information
• Detail oriented
d) Technical Skills
• Working knowledge of various computer software programs
e) Job experience
• 3 years related housekeeping experience. 2+ years supervisory experience preferred. One to three years hospitality customer service experience
Unless there is a legal requirement, experience will be accepted for the education requirement.
A World of Inclusion
Hospitality is at the heart of all we do at Wyndham Destinations, including how we treat each member of our growing community. Here, you’ll find a team that’s inclusive, values diversity, and is built on a foundational respect for people from all over the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to their membership in any protected class. If you require any reasonable accommodation to complete your application or any part of the recruiting process, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the title and the location of the position for which you are applying.
Thank you for your interest please submit your application on the next page.