Central Location | New Orleans | Louisiana | United States | 70130
Go Put the World on Vacation
At Wyndham Destinations our goal is simple: to put the world on vacation. Our award-winning team of nearly 25,000 associates is diverse and dedicated, caring and creative. Together we’re shaping the future of the timeshare industry by doing things never done before. That’s part of what makes our work fun and interesting. Every day is a chance to learn something new and influence the global business.
Assistant Guest Services Manager
The Assistant Guest Services Manager serves as a supporting role to Guest Services Manager. He/She will partner with the Guest Services Manager in the leadership, planning, organization, and direction for the Guest Services Department in the most efficient and effective manner possible, while maintaining the company’s expected high quality standards and Count On Me philosophy. The Assistant Guest Services Manager is will oversee daily operations of the Guest Services Department, provide supervision and direction to the Guest Services Associates; may oversee additional departments as business needs dictate. Responsibility includes fostering and maintaining a positive relationship with owners, guests, and other site departments.
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Responsible for
maintaining the overall operation of the Guest Services Department: Assist Guest Services Manager in the daily operations of the department, handle guest issues to resolution and monitor guest satisfaction by evaluating surveys. Ensure the Guest Services Department meets quality, internal, and loss prevention standards. Identify process improvements and best practices. Provide feedback and develop processes to improve the guest experience. Coordinate and verify guest reservation information to maximize occupancy and oversee the compilation of weekly reservations and occupancy statistics as required. Demonstrate a passion and understanding of company goals, concepts, practices, and procedures for managed work group(s) and how they support related operations. ( 35 % time)
2. Maintain positive customer and associate relationships: Embrace and exhibit the highest level of ethics and integrity consistent with Wyndham standards, demonstrate an ability to motivate and
communicate expectations with humility and respect. Assist Guest Services Manager in attracting, coaching, training, and retaining talent by engaging and showing a genuine passion to develop others. Partner with Guest Services Manager and Human Resources to minimize employee relations issues with particular emphasis on documentation, harassment and discrimination. (35%)
3. Collaborate with Guest Services Manager in preparation of annual department operating budget: Monitor monthly expenses, with emphasis on wages, variances, preparing schedules, ordering, inventory management, and other administrative duties as needed. Ensure the Guest Services department meets all Internal Audit, Quality Assurance, Loss Prevention, Resort Operating Procedures, and Guest Service Department Operating Procedure standards. ( 15% time)
4. Build a “Count On Me” Culture: Continuously exhibit the company’s Count on Me philosophy; be responsive to the needs of our guests, associates
and all we come into contact with on the job, be respectful in every way; deliver a great experience. (10% time)
5. Performs other duties as needed (5% time)
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
• High school diploma or equivalent
b) Training requirements
c) Knowledge and skills
• Ability to communicate effectively with employees, guests and owners
• Ability to demonstrate good judgment when dealing with guests and staff members
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
d) Technical Skills
• Ability to learn new programs such as company reporting and associate timekeeping
e) Job experience
• Two years of supervisory/management experience
• Hotel / hospitality or vacation ownership experience
Unless there is a legal requirement, experience will be accepted for the education requirement.
A World of Inclusion
Hospitality is at the heart of all we do at Wyndham Destinations, including how we treat each member of our growing community. Here, you’ll find a team that’s inclusive, values diversity, and is built on a foundational respect for people from all over the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to their membership in any protected class. If you require any reasonable accommodation to complete your application or any part of the recruiting process, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the title and the location of the position for which you are applying.
Thank you for your interest please submit your application on the next page.