Guest Services Associate - Wyndham Oceanwalk Resort
Guest Services Associate
The Guest Services Associate will be responsible for providing excellent guest service as it pertains to guest registration/checking out of resort. He/She will promptly address guest service needs, provide resort information and area attraction details and directions, maintain unit vacancy inventory, reservations, and room assignments, process guest folios, collect payment, and accurately manage cash receipts. He/she will maintain the company’s expected high quality standards and will follow all safety protocols as dictated by company policy and maintain Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), including the new Global Harmonized System (GHS) regulations.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for the Guest Services function of the resort: Promptly greet guests in a friendly and professional manner. Complete guest registration process, issue unit keys, and provide resort information and area attractions details and directions. Accurately process all cash and credit card transactions in accordance with established procedures. Balance all cash receipts and work performed during shift and perform a bucket check on shift, post all guest charges, complete cashier and other reports, preparing deposit, and counting/securing of assigned bank. Complete check-out procedures, compute bills, verify that the correct charges and credits are posted to the corresponding guest folio, collect payment and makes changes as required. May routinely reserve and confirm guest reservations for individuals and/or groups that are requested either by phone or from within the company; process cancellations, revisions, and information updates on changes. Make pre-arrival informational calls to booked incoming guests, confirm and cancel reservations for guests and answer a variety of questions for guests pertaining to their reservations. Provides quotes for room rates (35% time)
- Maintain positive guest, owner and associate relationships: Respond appropriately to guest inquiries and concerns to ensure total guest satisfaction. Resolve guest issues to resolution in effort to improve the guest experience and escalate any outstanding guest inquiries or concerns to management that may require additional monitoring or follow-up. Make appropriate service recovery recommendations. Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments. (35% time)
- Ensure compliance with: Internal Audit, Quality Assurance, Loss Prevention, Resort Operating Procedures, Guest Service Department Operating Procedures, and Standard Operating Procedures. (15% time)
- Cultivate a “Count On Me” Culture: Continuously exhibit the company’s Count on Me philosophy; be responsive to the needs of our guests, associates and all we come into contact with on the job, be respectful in every way; deliver a great experience. (10% time)
- Performs other duties as needed. (5% time)
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Organizational Skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Acquires job skills and learns company policies and procedures to complete routine tasks.
- Ability to read and comprehend routine instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to give high priority to customer service.
- Ability to solve problems with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to read, write and understand English.
- Basic office skills helpful including basic math, proper cash handling procedures.
- Must maintain a professional appearance and a Can-Do, positive attitude towards all guests and staff.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be people oriented and able to work independently or with others as needed.
- Must be detail oriented.
- PC Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to use basic office equipment including Fax, copier, printers
- Microsoft Office: Word, excel, outlook
- Key systems
- Hotel Hospitality Front office system knowledge a plus
- Must be able to easily and frequently change from one activity to another while operating a switchboard or computer keyboard
- 1 year of guest services experience in a hospitality/hotel/resort environment and/or
- 1 year of customer service experience in service or retail environment
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2018 Wyndham Destinations Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Destinations and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Destinations or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.