Grounds Supervisor - Kauai Coast Resort at the Beachboy
The Grounds Supervisor is responsible for assisting in the design and development of land areas, parks and other recreational facilities, and for ensuring the efficient operation of the day-to-day activities and tasks of the Grounds Department. He/She is responsible for maintaining the grounds, plants and landscaped areas of the property to ensure quality of the guest experience, while remaining within budget guidelines.
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Oversees the day-to-day operations of the group. Ensure a smooth workflow while performing similar duties and tasks as the group. Performs work in compliance with established procedures and/or protocols. (15% time)
2. Supervise the daily operation of custodial and grounds staff. Create and maintain work assignments and publish personnel schedules for all custodial and grounds team members in a manner that effectively meet resort standards. (45% time)
3. Monitor grounds. Maintain site beauty and oversee maintenance and cleanliness of pools, spas and pool decks as well as outside covered areas to ensure quality exceeds Resort standards. (15% time)
4. Maintain equipment and grounds in repair. Ensure site beauty and safety awareness by looking and reporting faulty items requiring repair or maintenance. (10% time)
5. Assist Grounds/Maintenance Manager as needed. (10 % time)
6. Performs other duties as needed .(5% time)
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
• High School diploma or equivalent required
b) Training requirements
• Maintenance and repair of outdoor facilities, such as irrigation systems, fences, basic electrical, carpentry & plumbing; turf management, landscape design, or horticulture
c) Knowledge and skills
• Able to communicate effectively
• Create a positive work environment
• Small engine repair
• Valid driver’s license
• Bilingual preferred
d) Technical Skills
• Ability to safely operate equipment such as mowers, trimmers, edger, pruners, chainsaws, and blowers.
e) Job experience
• Two to five years in supervisory or management capacity
• Three to five years in hospitality or country club maintenance
Unless there is a legal requirement, experience will be accepted for the education requirement.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2018 Wyndham Destinations Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Destinations and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Destinations or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.