Duty Manager - TRYP by Wyndham Dubai
Welcome to the largest hotel company in the world.
At Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, our Team Members have the opportunity to explore both personal and professional development opportunities throughout their careers.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts (NYSE: WH) is the largest hotel franchising company in the world, with nearly 9,000 hotels across more than 80 countries on six continents. Through its network of approximately 790,000 rooms appealing to the everyday traveler, Wyndham commands a leading presence in both the economy and midscale segments of the lodging industry. The Company operates a portfolio of 20 hotel brands, including Super 8®, Days Inn®, Ramada®, Microtel Inn & Suites®, La Quinta®, Wingate®, AmericInn®, Hawthorn Suites®, The Trademark Collection® and Wyndham®. Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is also a leading provider of hotel management services, with more than 400 properties under management. The Company’s award-winning Wyndham Rewards® loyalty program offers more than 56 million enrolled members the opportunity to redeem points at thousands of hotels, condominiums and holiday homes globally. For more information, visit www.wyndhamhotels.com.
Our Brand - TRYP by Wyndham®
For every country on your bucket list, TRYP has locations in the world’s hippest cities, from Berlin to Barcelona, New York City to São Paulo and coming soon to Dubai in June 2017. Each of our TRYP hotels is nestled in the heart of the city, giving you walkable access to the downtown hubs so you can experience an authentic life abroad. Business travelers will revel in our comfortable settings and plentiful amenities, families will find our family room setups too much fun, and all of our guests will enjoy immediate access to the best of culture and nightlife. Combine with our attractive deals and travel packages, and discover the best the city has to offer at TRYP.
The TRYP Experience
Our passion for our guests is only equal to our passion for our cities. Our global locations put you in the heart of our cities and we invite you to explore and discover the best that the city offers. Our local and connected TRYPSTERS will guide you to the most authentic experiences available – from great local cuisine to fabulous nights on the town. We want to wine you, dine you, recline you, and WiFi you.
TRYP by Wyndham Dubai
With 650 guest rooms including 24 suites, the four-star TRYP by Wyndham Dubai is currently planned to be the largest TRYP by Wyndham hotel in the world! Located in the heart of the Al Barsha South business district, the hotel will be within easy reach of attractions including Mall of the Emirates and Palm Jumeirah. Hotel facilities will include designated meeting space, a spa, gymnasium and a variety of food and beverage outlets including a tapas restaurant and all-day dining restaurant, as well as a coffee shop, lounge area and bar.
As Duty Manager, with full support/Synergy and alignment with Direct reports of Guest Service Associates, & Supervisors you will be responsible for managing the reception team and perform Duty manager shifts as required based on business demand.
Overseeing the daily operation through set processes, ensure that proactive action is taken to ensure the needs of all guests are met and that additional measures are taken to create lasting experiences. Drive high standards and Quality and employee engagement activities with the help of all front line team members. The scope includes maximizing revenue through Upselling program impacting profitability, managing costs and productivity.
In the Role of Duty Manager, you will be responsible to work closely with Peer team members and supervise all Direct Reports, & build synergies.
· Monitor Reception Colleagues to ensure maximum guest satisfaction engaging with guest and prompt cordial attention from arrival through departure
· Work closely with all team members to ensure Wyndham members consistently receive all benefits, repeat guests and other VIP’s receive special recognition and service & Enrolment targets are met.
· Inspects all VIP rooms prior to arrival, with Loyalty Manager if required and Greet VIP and Escort guests personally on arrival/ bidding farewell.
· Oversee maintenance of efficient repeat guest history system by working closely with Loyalty Manager, and Promote Inter-Hotel sales and in-house facilities.
Attention to detail on special requests by having updated database on guest profile either captured through glitches, preferences.
· Handle guest complaints and refer them as necessary to management, follows up on corrective/preventive action
· Entertains guest within hotel premises for food and drinks with approval from FOM where required in case of guest complains, to gain loyalty.
· Compile, analyse existing procedures and perform process renovation to have benefit operation, through project management.
· Review arrival lists for all arrivals and VIPs to check/perform room allocations, amenities, and special requests.
· Appraise appearance, discipline and efficiency of all staff under direct supervision and initiate immediate remedial action if necessary.
· Organize and conduct regular meeting for all Reception team to facilitate communications and smooth operations,
· Prepare efficient work schedule for Reception Team, arranging holidays and vacation by coordinating with AFOM, taking into consideration projected occupancy and forecasts and any large group movements, especially those with early or late arrivals or departures
· Conduct courtesy calls, driving the guest experience through service quality and continuous improvement.
· Ensuring implementation and compliance of the Company’s Fire, Life and Safety requirements.
· Conducting market and competitor analysis to be ahead of competition in terms of service delivery.
· P&L analysis including productivity and cost management and Perform Duty Management Shifts as per business requirement.
· Assists in planning for future staffing needs, and assists in recruiting in line with company guidelines, Prepares and administers detailed induction program for new staff.
· Assists in maintaining a comprehensive, current and guest focused set of departmental standards and procedures and oversees their implementation
· Ensures training needs analysis of Reception Team is carried out and training programmes are designed and implemented to meet needs by working together with the Assistant Front Office Manager.
· Provides input for probation and formal performance appraisal discussions in line with company guidelines, Coaches, counsels and disciplines staff, providing constructive feedback to enhance performance and regularly communicates with staff and maintains good relations
· Work collaboratively with AFOM in preparing the expenses budget, and ensure that there are measures in place to manage each expense line within our budget through efficiency in operation
· Ensure vacation, Public Holidays and lieu days are used to the needs of the business
· Ensure that the payroll is submitted to HR on the agreed date
As a Manager you are expected to demonstrate the following behaviours consistently:
· Holds self and others accountable for achieving results. Delivers by meeting tough deadlines and uses specific performance measures to track progress and improve future performance
· Takes steps to follow through, ensuring tasks are fully completed; independently checks to ensure accuracy and quality
· Develops detailed understanding of the market and guests’ need, Challenges the way things are done; identifies areas requiring change and suggests ideas to support the change
· Identifies opportunities to improve profitability of own area ,Implementation and maintenance of brand standards and standard operating procedures
· Train and develop the team and provide support when required
· Ensure all direct reports have an Personal Development Plan to achieve their goals
· Ensure that effective communication flow is maintained at all times
· Actively participate in the community involvement projects and initiatives together with the hotel’s management team
· Maintaining a business environment based on the Code of Conduct and Company Vision
· Participate in WYNcom.
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts manages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotels & Resorts performs recruiting and hiring functions on behalf of the owner. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotels & Resorts where Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is serving only as the recruiter and will not be my actual employer.
· Associates degree in hospitality management and/or similar work experiences or certified accreditation and minimum 2 years’ experience as Reception or Duty Manager in 5* property with 300+ inventory.
· Excel, Word, Power Point, FBM, Opera Computer skills.
· Proficiency in speaking and writing Business English.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2018 Wyndham Destinations Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Destinations and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Destinations or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.